Philadelphia cheese is the most popular and favorite cream cheese. However, its price is high enough to constantly buy it in the store. Try making Philadelphia at home with your own hands - it's not difficult at all! The result is excellent: homemade Philadelphia cheese is in no way inferior to store-bought cheese, and, moreover, it significantly saves money.
To make Philadelphia cheese you will need:
- Sour cream 20-30% - 350 gr;
- Classic yogurt without taste 10% - 280 gr;
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp;
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
Let's start cooking:
1. Mix fatty sour cream with classic yogurt, add salt and lemon juice to taste.
2. Prepare a sieve with a deep plate: put cheesecloth folded in several layers on it, transfer the mass of yogurt and sour cream.
3. Cover the cheese with gauze, put a plate with a load on top (for example, a liter can of water) and put it in the refrigerator overnight (at least 12 hours).
4. During this time, the whey has separated, which can be used in baked goods. We transfer the finished cheese from cheesecloth to a container for further use.
Homemade Philadelphia cheese is 3 times cheaper than store-bought cheese at cost, and tastes just as good!
For more information on how to make Philadelphia cheese at home, see the video below: