1. It annoys us when people think that all we do is hold a woman's hand during childbirth.
Of course, we support her emotionally, but we also have a medical education. We put in IVs, do pain relief, take tests, and suture the tears in the most intimate places you can imagine.
2. We never cease to be amazed at the miracle of birth
Being the first person to pick up a new life is breathtaking. And no matter how long, stressful and tough our day has been, having a baby never stops being wonderful. And the fact that we are contributing to this creates a truly magical feeling.
3. Seeing the "birth of parents" is also amazing
Seeing someone turn into a parent is something. They change before our eyes, become softer. Everything changes instantly: from one scene with screams and suffering to another, full of peace and joy.
4. We work for one glance
This is the look of surprise on a woman's face when she sees her baby for the first time. This is what makes everything worthwhile, this is why our work does not force us to give up having children of our own.
5. The sense of responsibility is huge, and it's scary
Especially when you are just starting to work after graduation. You suddenly realize that in your hands the life, health and well-being of more than one person. And no matter how skilled you are, you cannot get rid of this feeling.
6. We all think children are cute
When you ask, "Is he / she really handsome?" and we say yes, we really think so. We know that children are different, and we have not seen them in any way.
7. Women are too afraid to cheat during childbirth
And we do not get tired of saying that we do not care, we are accustomed to this, this is a fact and there is no getting away from it. But some women are too worried, so much so that they cannot really push, which only slows down the birth.
8. Some partners in childbirth are complete assholes
They take selfies, walk around the hospital, get hysterical, catch Pokemon. Sometimes you just want to tell a woman that it would be better if she was alone. But we are not talking.
9. We are often shouted at and even threatened
Women in labor often swear, shout, constantly call us, demand a lot, but all this is fair. It is worse when the woman and her partner are physically aggressive, which happens more often than you think.
10. Premature birth is a big challenge
Usually everything ends well for the baby, but it takes a long time to calm the mother down.
11. Most of the work we have in the fall
All due to the fact that someone took a good walk on New Year's and Christmas, and then they come to the hospital in September.
12. We work with a constant threat to our work and reputation
Any complication, even through no fault of ours, may result in a lawsuit from the parents.
13. Even if our shifts are long, we get very tired, and cry a lot - from happiness, grief or exhaustion, we cannot but come here again to see the miracle of the birth of life