Chikhirtma is thick Georgian soup, which is most often made from poultry or lamb. Sometimes chikhirtma is thickened with flour and eggs, most often only yolks, and vinegar are added to it so that the eggs do not curl. Vinegar is often replaced with lemon or pomegranate juice.
We bring to your attention a recipe for chicken chikhirtma. Trust me, you won't want to cook ordinary soups anymore if you cook this Georgian first dish for your family.
- Chicken 1 pc.
- Egg yolk 5 pcs.
- Onion 250 g
- Wine vinegar 50 ml
- Ghee 100 g
- Black pepper (peas) to taste
- Bay leaf to taste
- Salt to taste
- Greens to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Boil the chicken broth and add chopped herbs, bay leaves and pepper to the pan half an hour before it's cooked.
- Take out the chicken and cut it into pieces.
- Peel the onion and chop it, then fry in ghee and add to the broth, boil for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with vinegar and pour in the broth in a thin stream, stirring constantly so that the yolks do not curl.
- Return the chicken to the broth, bring the soup to a boil and serve, sprinkled with chopped cilantro.