Eggs can be found in almost any home. They are easy to prepare and are rich in protein, making them an absolute must-have.
Almost everyone knows how to boil eggs, scrambled eggs or omelet.
However, if you're tired of the traditional ways of making eggs, try making these quirky yet simple egg dishes.
What can be cooked from eggs
1. Add soda
Try adding a tablespoon of soda water for every two eggs when making an omelet.
This will create air bubbles that expand when heated, making the omelet light and airy.
2. Boil the egg in the broth
The next time you decide to cook your eggs, try boiling them in broth instead of water for extra flavor.
3. Make an omelet in boiling water
The quickest way to make a lush omelet is in boiling water.
- 4 eggs
- 2 table. Olive oil spoons
- Salt pepper
- Beat the eggs with a fork for 20 seconds.
- Place a saucepan filled with water about 10cm over medium heat. Place a strainer in a saucepan.
- When the water starts to boil, add a few pinches of salt and stir the water clockwise to create a vortex. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the water, cover the pot and count to 20.
- Turn off the heat and open the lid. The omelet should float to the surface. While holding the omelette with a spoon, pour the water through a sieve.
- Transfer the omelet to bowls, drizzle with olive oil to taste, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Make egg clouds
Fluffy egg clouds have become one of the most recent trends in egg cooking. This dish is not only delicious, but also contains only 161 calories.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Whisk the whites until fluffy and thick.
- You can add ingredients to taste (cheese, ham, herbs)
- Place the whites' clouds on the baking paper, leaving a well for the yolk.
- Cook in a preheated 230 ° C oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Then remove the clouds from the oven, place the yolk on top of the whites and bake for another 3 minutes.
6. Pickled eggs
The next time you make stuffed eggs, try marinating them before doing so.
- 4 cups white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 beet
- 4 boiled eggs
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil a mixture of white vinegar, sugar, salt, 2.5 cups of water until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add the diced beets and cook until tender, 25-30 minutes. Chill the mixture and pour the marinade into the container.
- Place the eggs in the marinade and use the beets for other dishes. Leave the eggs in the marinade for at least 2 hours before serving.