According to statistics, only 10% know these points.
1. Flowers that can be presented to a man:
chrysanthemums, roses, carnations, delphiniums, orchids, bamboo, callas, lilies, anthuriums, gladioli, tulips, irises, gerberas, plumeria, heliconia, daisies, sunflowers.
Do not forget about the color scheme when giving flowers to men. The following colors are welcomed in colors: purple, burgundy, white, blue, green.
Cases when it is customary to give flowers to a man:
- Movie premiere;
- Concert premiere;
- Book publishing;
- Article publication;
- Serious discovery;
- Award presentation;
- Sports record.
It is believed that it is better for the boss to give calla lilies of green or emerald color. It is better to give the composition of the composition to professional florists.
It is not customary to shake hands with women, but if she extends her hand first, you should shake it, but not as tightly as men. Your handshake should not be weaker than that of a woman, or she thinks you are weak.
The eldest shakes hands first, the teacher or mentor - the student, the boss - the subordinate. You should not change the rules of the game, although there are no castes in our society, you can cause rejection and misunderstanding among others.
When shaking hands, it is worth looking into the eyes and smiling a little as a sign of friendly disposition. Averting your eyes or even looking away when shaking hands is disrespectful. Sometimes a diversion of eyes is perceived as deceit and serves as a signal that such a person cannot be trusted.
3. According to the rules of etiquette, a plate of soup should be tilted away from you while eating
Some sources write that you cannot tilt at all.
4. Men should always get up when a lady leaves the table
5. There is nothing wrong when a husband calls his wife "bunny", and she is his "bunny"
However, these petting nicknames are not meant for prying ears. In front of strangers, it is better to call each other by name.
6. Sometimes it is very pleasant to drink a drink through a straw
But in such cases, one should not suck it out to the last drop, since a piercing gurgle will introduce dissonance into the general conversation.
7. Basic modern rules of etiquette in a restaurant:
- Cut large pieces into smaller pieces
- When eating a dish with your hands, you do not need to hunch over and invade your neighbor's space with your elbows.
- You cannot blow on hot food, you need to wait until it cools down
- When eating with your hands, it is better to bite off a little.
- Use a tissue and do not lick your fingers
- Always blot your mouth with a tissue
- Never wipe your mouth with your hand or speak with a full mouth
- Even if everyone is eating with their hands, it is perfectly acceptable to eat with a fork and knife.
- You should never put your phone on a table.
8. Chewing gum in public and during conversation is considered vulgar
9. The height of bad manners is considered during a conversation to be distracted by your watch, mobile phone or notebook
Even if you are tired and bored, do not show it!
10. On the stairs:
- If a man and a woman find themselves on the stairs, then when going up, the man must leave the woman behind him, and when going down, on the contrary, so that the woman is in front. But if the stairs are too narrow, steep or dark, the man must go ahead of the woman.
- A woman walking up the stairs must choose the side with the railing. She may not leave the railing if she meets a man on the way, even if this is contrary to the rules of right-hand traffic.
- A man, being on the stairs, should make way for women, the elderly and children at the railing.
- If a man climbs the stairs, holding the woman by the arm, then he should move his body just enough to provide sufficient support for the woman, but at the same time not move impetuously and not pull her forward, the man should behave in the same way when going down the stairs with the woman.
- If you meet on the stairs with a person carrying a heavy load, then you should stop or go to the nearest platform and give way to him.