This article will focus on how to fix photos or paintings on the wall, what mounts exist; their advantages and disadvantages.
The choice of mounting primarily depends on the weight of the painting or photo, the base (paper, canvas, foam board, baguette) and the price. Let's start from a simple and cheap way to a more complex and costly one.
1. Bostik Quelyd Blu Tack adhesive mass. The manufacturer guarantees that it is ideal for attaching drawings, posters, photographs, decorative materials to tables, shelves, vinyl wallpaper, painted surfaces, glass, wood, plastic, porcelain and other surfaces. According to the instructions: warm it up in your hands, knead it, roll it into a ball, attach it to the frame, press it strongly against the wall.
Epoxy adhesive "Contact". According to the instructions: knead, mix the composition with wet hands until a homogeneous mass is obtained, apply to the frame and press against the wall for 3-5 minutes. In both cases, I used rubber gloves. Among the disadvantages, it is not suitable for paintings weighing more than 2 kg.
2. Needles. We bite off 2 cm from the needle of a syringe or sewing machine and hammer with a hammer, holding the needle with pliers, in the designated place on the wall. The method is almost ideal, because: if the picture needs to be outweighed, the needle is carefully pulled out, and a small, almost imperceptible dot remains on the wall. Withstands a fairly large weight.
3. Framed image on the rack: we take a long nail and press it down with a heavy stack of books on the top shelf, we hang the picture on a fishing line.
4. We arrange photos in frames in any order: along the wall, on the chest of drawers, on the back of the sofa, on the fireplace and so on. It is important here that "Lean against" the photo.
5. Velcro hooks Command. The manufacturer guarantees that they hold securely, can be easily removed without leaving marks, and do not damage the walls. One clasp is fixed to the wall and the other to the frame. You can hang and shoot paintings, photographs and other small decorative items as often as you like. Withstands weight up to 2 kg.
Disadvantages: not friendly with vinyl wallpaper, not cheap.
6. Toly Hooks: the manufacturer guarantees that they will fit any walls of your house: brick, concrete and wood. Even children can hammer the hook effortlessly. In addition, after you decide to remove or move the picture to another place, you will not need to worry about the presence of unaesthetic holes on the walls. The hook is easy to pull out, and the carnation leaves a small inconspicuous hole.
Advantages: various sizes (small, medium, large) for loads of 4, 7, 9 kg, affordable price.
7. Suspension system. Usually found in galleries, exhibitions, museums, cafes. It is a rail mounted on the ceiling or on the wall at the border with the ceiling. A cable with a hook for a picture is fixed on the rail using standard fasteners.
Advantages of the hanging system: you can freely move paintings along the wall, adjust the height of the suspension, while creating the desired compositional effect. It looks very solid and can withstand quite serious loads.