In order to sew them, you can take a special pattern for printing on thermal transfer under the cut. Its use greatly simplifies and speeds up the process and reduces to almost zero all possible difficulties and errors in cutting parts.
In addition to the pattern, you will need a light felt for transferring the transfer, any suitable (I only had white today) felt for the insole and, my main inspiration this week is a cork sheet. In this case, 3 mm thick. Well, glue, I liked using the "Moment Crystal" most of all.
The first step is to transfer the pattern to felt. Due to the fact that recently they began to ask me more questions about translation technology, I will allow myself to say a little more about it today.
To begin with, we will need to place the pattern with its front side in felt and heat the iron to almost maximum temperature. With a hot iron, we begin to iron the sheet thoroughly, not skipping the edges of the corner.
In my opinion, it is better to slightly overheat the iron and notice during ironing that the felt has begun to melt (this is not an instantaneous process and you will always have time to slightly weaken the heating, nothing bad will happen), than to iron everything with a cold iron and get a fragmentarily translated image, so by spoiling both the pattern and the felt.
Let us stroke the entire structure for about a minute, then cool it to a slightly warm state and remove the upper checkered layer of paper. The picture is translated.
Cut out the details of the slippers without seam allowances.
Since I made the pattern as versatile as possible, I adhered to the principle "more is better than less." Therefore, at this stage of the work, I recommend trying it on at least approximately, and if it turns out to be more than necessary, trim the sides, as shown in the photo. The size of the top and bottom, as a rule, does not need to be reduced, only if these are slippers for the baby.
Place the patterns for both slippers on a piece of felt. It is no longer necessary to take white, you can use any color.
And we attach the details with a semicircular seam. Top edge only.
Now we cut out the details along the contour, getting a double top for future slippers.
Now we need a pattern for the insole. It is very easy to get it. It is enough just to circle your foot on a sheet of paper with a decent margin, or just take any ready-made slippers that you think are the most comfortable and circle the sole of them.
We only outline the insole, but do not cut it out. It turned out to be more convenient for me to sew in this sequence.
Now we sweep the double top of the slipper. We sweep in two approaches, starting each of them from the middle of the sock.
It will be very easy to stitch the top over the sour cream. After machine sewing, you can pull out the basting thread.
Now the slippers with the insole can be cut out, retreating 2-3 mm from the edge of the stitching. We do the same with the second slipper.
Now is the time to start the final phase. We will make the sole for the slippers. After various searches for suitable material, I settled on a traffic jam. As practice has shown, this material is quite easy to use and very lightweight. It is very practical to wear, especially in the glued version. Cork has good shock-absorbing properties and even a thin layer of it is sufficient to make slippers comfortable to use.
We take the glue and properly lubricate the bottom surface of the felt insole. The glue, among other things, perfectly stabilizes the cork, reducing its brittleness and preventing the possibility of cracking in the event of bending in the future.
We glue the insole to the cork sheet. We cut it out roughly enough, just to be able to put on the clips.
The cork is glued well and quickly, after the glue is firmly seized, you can remove the clips and cut the slippers along the contour of the insole.
You can stop at this stage of the work or additionally sew the perimeter of the slipper on a sewing machine.The cork is very easy to sew despite its thickness.
That's all, the slippers are ready. In the next photo, I tried to demonstrate that the cork glued to the felt is strong enough to bend.
Slippers turned out like this: