Construction Mesh Instead Of Canvas, Or How To Reduce The Cost Of Materials In Embroidery

Advice 2023
Construction Mesh Instead Of Canvas, Or How To Reduce The Cost Of Materials In Embroidery
Construction Mesh Instead Of Canvas, Or How To Reduce The Cost Of Materials In Embroidery

Video: Construction Mesh Instead Of Canvas, Or How To Reduce The Cost Of Materials In Embroidery

Отличия серверных жестких дисков от десктопных
Video: How To Choose The Best Polo Shirt Material - Part 4 2023, January
Anonim

Cross stitch is a favorite pastime for many! I will tell you how to save significant amounts, while not limiting yourself in creativity (cross-stitching of pillows, large canvases or carpet weaving).

Lovers of cross stitching know how expensive a large canvas is, especially a stramin for embroidery or carpet techniques. Okay, if you need a small piece, but if you want to embroider a large or even huge picture with a cross? Horror how much it will cost!

But there is a way out! A construction mesh for cross stitching (large cross stitching) is a super find. Only the mesh is not anyhow, but "reinforcing, under the plaster" (for its intended purpose, it is attached to the wall, and plaster is applied on top of it). Sold in any hardware store. It comes in different colors, I met blue.

Image
Image

In the store, I "examined" the grid for about 30 minutes, no less. Long and tediously measuring the cells, bending back the tip and looking at the "strength". Verdict: 90% of the cells are the same size (5 mm, that is, 1 cm = 2 cells); the remaining 10% differ slightly - 4-6 mm. The overlaps of the cells (the mesh itself) are thin, even, and most importantly, durable - they will not break during operation.

And the price is a song! The whole this roll (1 meter wide and 10 meters long) costs about as much as one meter cut of stramin. Can you imagine how many beautiful things you can embroider from such dimensions?

And now a report on the use of this mesh in embroidery.

I found a pattern for cross stitching (poppies) on the Internet. In the original, it is embroidered with floss on canvas No. 14, and its finished size is only 46 cm x 17 cm (256 cells by 98 cells).

I am recalculating the embroidery pattern into the building mesh cells.

Cell width 0.5 cm x 256 cells = 1 meter 28 cm length.

Cell width 0.5 cm x 98 cells = 49 cm width.

Large-scale, right? This is the size I cut off from the grid (with a margin).

Image
Image

Immediately advice: when working, the edges of the mesh begin to unfold a little, so before you start embroidery, it is better to coat them with Titanium glue (or sheathe).

I embroider with regular yarn in 2 threads. It is advisable to take thick yarn, I take acrylic.

Cross stitch (the most ordinary counted cross stitch). The mesh color overlaps completely, as expected. In the future, under the embroidery, it will not be visible at all.

Image
Image

The photo shows that the light (pinkish) threads are thinner than the rest. They did not embroider in 2, but in 3 threads. On closer inspection, you can see the difference. In the overall picture, on the embroidery, it is not visible at all.

Image
Image

Further, below, specially in the photo for comparing the cells and texture of the embroidery:

  1. On the left, a large fabric canvas - 4 mm cells - cross stitch, thick yarn.
  2. On the right is a plastic stramin - a cell is larger - 6 mm - cross stitch, thick yarn.
  3. In the middle is our mesh - a mesh of 5 mm - cross stitch, thick yarn.
Image
Image

We see that on the construction mesh it is as perfect as on expensive substrates!

The goal has been achieved: the maximum result with the minimum cost of creativity!

Popular by topic