I went to visit my parents the other day and was horrified. The kitchen was renovated several years ago, but the builders made a serious mistake, which significantly worsened the quality of life of those living in the apartment.
The error is clearly visible in this photo. Can you find her?
This is a standard error that almost everyone makes. A round pipe is walled into the channel to the ventilation shaft, to which a duct from the hood above the stove is connected.
And there is a check valve on the hood. Thus, when the hood is turned off, there is no air exchange in the kitchen.
The situation is exacerbated many times in the presence of a gas stove, which in the process of work in huge quantities emits carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
It is ineffective to open a window for ventilation, because air convection with no exhaust hood is minimal.
2. Lack of ventilation negatively affects health, and carbon monoxide is generally fatal to humans.
You can't do that!
We take a puncher and enlarge the hole for a rectangular plate with two ventilation channels.
The upper one is for connecting the hood, the lower one is for ventilation of the kitchen itself at a time when the hood is not working.
3. The second mistake is the use of a channel with a diameter of 100 mm at the hood.
The cross-sectional area in this case is extremely insufficient in order to provide an air exchange of more than 100 m3 / h, and this is much less than even the first exhaust speed.
It is imperative to use an air duct with a diameter of 125 mm, which will easily remove processed air from the kitchen in an amount of up to 350 m3 / hour.
4. Proper ventilation in the kitchen. The feeling of stuffiness, which was present even with an open window, has disappeared (the kitchen has its own ventilation duct).
The noise from the hood has decreased several times (due to the increase in the diameter of the air duct to 125 mm).
It became comfortable to be in the kitchen.
I searched through the pictures for the request "photo of the kitchen renovation" - in 9 out of 10 cases the error was exactly the same: the ventilation duct from the hood is 100 mm and the lack of a duct for ventilation of the kitchen itself.
What is the use of the so-called "European-quality repair" if the repairmen violated all the rules for ventilation in living quarters (especially if there is a gas stove)?