Until recently beets I only used it for making salads, and of course borscht. But then I came across a recipe that expanded my culinary horizons!
The nut, spice and beetroot cake is as delicious as it is beautiful. A slightly moist texture and an unusually bright crumb color make these pastries similar to the legendary “Red Velvet”, while the combination of nuts and spices leaves an unforgettable gastronomic experience.
Cupcake with nuts
- 3 medium boiled beets
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml curdled milk or low-fat sour cream
- 200 g sugar
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 75 g flour
- 200 g semolina
- 150 g walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of ground cloves
- butter for greasing the mold
- Boiled (or baked) sodium beets on a fine grater.
- Walnuts put in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. They can also be finely chopped with a knife.
- Eggs beat with sugar until bubbles appear, add vegetable oil, yogurt (you can also use yogurt, liquid sour cream).
- Pour flour, semolina, baking powder into the liquid mass, cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. Also add shredded beets and chopped walnuts.
- Baking dish grease butter and sprinkle with flour. Pour in the dough. Bake the cake at 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Check readiness with a wooden toothpick or match.
- Let the cake cool slightly in the pan, then gently remove. Decorate with powdered sugar and bring it to the table!
Not everyone will decide on such an experiment, but the dish in this case really deserves praise. A gorgeous gift for February 14 turned out! Another great beetroot dish has been added to my collection of recipes.