I will show you an easy way to make a pallet table and legs from IKE or any other furniture store. The pallet allows you to get an additional surface at the table (shelf), which increases the space for storing various papers and items.
Stage 1: Materials
You will need:
- 1 pallet (or 2 if you want to make the top surface also from pallet boards)
- a sheet of plywood 5 mm thick to make the bottom surface (shelf)
- parquet board or also a sheet of plywood or MDF sheet in general what you want to use as a table surface (I used the remains of a parquet board)
- 4 legs from IKEA, it seems they are called Adils (at 125 rubles / piece at the time of this writing) or any other furniture store
- nails and screws
As a rule, the size of the pallet is 120 x 80 cm, so you can choose a piece of plywood and the number of parquet boards according to the size of the pallet.
- 2 pieces of plywood 60 x 80 cm
- 5 parquet boards 16 cm wide
About the tool: You will need a wood saw, a hammer with a nailer, and a screwdriver.
Stage 2: Disassemble the pallet
There are two ways to disassemble the pallet:
- using a nailer, it's quite long
- cut nails with a grinder or a hacksaw for metal, faster
Stage 3: Build
Cut the parquet board (item 5) to match the length of the pallet board (item 2).
Cut a piece of plywood (item 1) to obtain a surface equal to the length and width of the pallet.
Now that we have all the parts of the right size, let's assemble the table!
- plywood sheet (item 1) I recommend to pre-varnish
- the blocks (item 3) through the sheet (item 1) are screwed to the boards (item 2)
- fasten the transverse boards to the blocks (item 3) (item 4)
- we fasten the parquet boards (item 5) to the transverse boards (item 4)
- fasten the legs (item 6) to the lower boards (item 2)
Step 4: Options
If you have a parquet board or laminate as a surface, can you make a very convenient hiding place like in the photo?
It is also recommended to sand and varnish all external surfaces as an option.