If suddenly you are a fan of popsicle on a stick, then do not rush to throw out the last one. Having accumulated such sticks, you can create amazingly beautiful things. For example, as in today's project - the original watch. Such time chronometers will perfectly fit into your handmade designer interior.
You will need:
- popsicle sticks (or other ice cream);
- beads (color optional);
- unnecessary CD;
- plastic bottle cap;
- clockwork mechanism with hands;
- strong thread (scourge);
- Super glue;
- drill (screwdriver).
1. The project uses 44 ice cream sticks and about 84 beads, but you can choose the amount of both at your discretion.
2 Take one stick and make 2 holes on it. One hole should be located on the edge (approx. 5 mm from the edge). The second hole should be approximately 20mm. from the other side.
3. Use the perforated stick prepared in the previous step as a template. Collect the Sticks in a pile, and place the template on top so that you can see where to drill the holes.
4. When you have drilled all the holes, take a sturdy thread and beads, and then start assembling. Just thread the thread through the hole (which is farther from the edge), place a couple of beads, and then put on the next stick.
5. Pass a strong thread through the bottom holes (which are closer to the edge of the stick).
6. Use a plastic bottle cap to create an even circle and to control the required length of the structure. Just place it in the center, and lay out the assembled structure of sticks along the contour.
7. When the correct length is obtained, thread the ends of the threads through the corresponding holes of the first and last sticks (as shown in the figure).
8. Tighten firmly so that the first and last sticks are firmly pressed together. Fix all this with several knots. Moreover, the nodules should be located on the side of the watch, which will be the back in the future.
9. Take the plastic bottle cap and drill a hole in the center. The hole should match (or be slightly larger) the size of the pin on the clockwork.
10. Insert the plug with the hole into the previously assembled structure. Please note that the straight side of the plug with the hole must be on the front side. It is advisable to glue the cork to give rigidity to the entire structure.
11. At the back of the watch, stick the CD as shown in the figure below. This operation is fundamental in ensuring the rigidity of the entire structure. But be careful with the glue, do not blurt out too much, otherwise the watch will lose its graceful look. It will be best to glue around the circumference in the place where the sticks most closely adhere to each other.
12. Using super glue, glue the quartz movement to the CD. Note that the watch pin should protrude from the other side.
13. Set the hour, minute and second hands.
14. Everything is ready! It remains to install the batteries and hang the clock in the required place. Now they will delight the eye and remind you of what skillful craftsmen and craftswomen you are.
Alternatively, you can use the structure as a stand (no clockwork).